Damp roofing company
Damp roofing company
At Ecoproof Africa we are specialists in damp and timber surveys, reports and our team provide guidance on all your property care problems.
We are an established damp proofing company, offering the highest standards of quality and service.
We can ensure that from start to finish of the process that our service is second to none, ensuring your issues are resolved effectively and in a timely manner.
What to Expect from an Ecoproof Africa Damp Survey
Our Qualified Surveyors will:
• Identify the type of damp issue within the property
• Investigate the causes of damp by determining the source of moisture
• Analyse the existing damp roof course or inspect any problems with the building structure
• Look out for potential future problems caused because of damp
• Provide an initial brief of what damp treatments might be needed in the property
• Compile a written report detailing the issues along what works need carrying out
Damp Problems Affecting your Home
Rising damp is a form of dampness that is present in walls because of the water underground or next to walls rising through the fabric of the wall.
It is a problem in older buildings where the damp proof course (DPC) has become damaged or when the ground level around the house has been raised by the addition of a path or driveway.
There are certain checks that can be made by yourself without the assistance of a damp surveyor.
The simple procedure of looking and running your hands around the suspected rising damp areas will allow you to identify a rising damp problem.
The typical signs of identifying rising damp include the following:
1. Horizontal brown or discoloured marks to be seen up to 1 meter in height on interior walls. These will be damp to touch and otherwise known as ‘Tide Marks’
2. Plaster will bubble and peel away from the interior walls
3. Wooden beading and skirting boards will become brittle and eventually show the signs of deterioration
4. Mould on walls
5. Walls will feel damp when touched
Penetrating damp is the process of moisture being built up horizontally through walls of the building.
Often misdiagnosed as rising damp, penetrating damp can lead to further, more serious issues such as wood rot, increased heat loss, frost damage into masonry and unsightly water damage on both the outside and inside of a property.
Fortunately, there are several indicators which make identifying penetrating damp relatively easily.
You should look out for:
• A presence of a damp musty smell
• Damage to internal walls (skirting boards) or external (roofing)
• Patchy black mould appearing internally on walls
• Watermarks that may appear on the masonry
• Damaged timber because of the wood being saturated by damp (which could possibly have the potential of providing the ideal conditions for a wood rot fungus to germinate)
What to expect from our Ecoproof Africa Surveyors
All damp proofing projects are different and the best way to ensure your property remains safe is to arrange a survey with one of our damp proofing experts.
Our surveyor will visit the property, access structural timbers and provide you with any recommendations regarding future remedial treatments if needed.
If you suspect that you may have damp issues in your property, then a survey through Ecoproof Africa is the first step to diagnosing the problem and then eradicating the issue from the property.
We have been treating damp areas for years, we have a range of damp proofing solutions available – from our damp proofing injection cream to electro-osmotic damp proofing – we have a damp proofing system to suit all properties!
We strive for good quality service covering both residential homeowners and commercial building owners.
Our damp specialists are highly experienced professionals and will use their qualifications and experience to help all our customers with any problems they might have.
The details of the solution and your quotation will be provided in a written report.
Contact the Ecoproof Africa Team
For any property owner with a damp issue, it is essential that the correct and most efficient damp proofing method is carried out to ensure that the property is made dry and damp free again.
Our specialist surveyors can identify damp problems from both the interior and the exterior of the property.
The surveyors will also diagnose the damp issue that is affecting your home as well as provide a report detailing which treatment needs to be carried out.
By failing to recognise the issue initially and leaving it unchecked further disturbances and problems may occur.
Damp can spread and progress through your property, potentially leading to more serious problems such as dry rot and wet rot.
If you are needing help or advice with any damp issues that are causing problems to your property, then call us on 011 894 3484 or send us an email at info@Ecoproofingaafrica.co.za