DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
The purpose of this method statement is to outline the sequence of activities required for the successful application of the EcoCoat liquid rubber waterproofing product.
30-90 seconds per square meter dependent on roof profile and equipment used.
Minimum of 45 minutes dependent on weather conditions Sequence: Assessment of risks must be done prior to work method being implemented.
Concrete Slabs; Asbestos Roofing; IBR Roofing; Corrugated Roofing; Chromadek Roofing; Roof Tiles; Balconies.
- Paint brush and/or
- Paint roller and/or
- Airless spray machine
- EcoCoat liquid rubber waterproofing.
- Roof membrane to seal openings greater than 5mm
ASSESSMENT OF RISKS
- Surface temperature must be greater than 10 degrees.
- Application surface to be dry.
- Application surface to be clean and free of grease, oil, dust dirt, loose stones, sharp protrusions.
- Rust on the application surface must be removed with an acid or treated with a rust primer.
- Do the risk assessment as indicated above.
- Apply a layer of EcoCoat over roof screws, lap joints and cross joints to seal same.
- Apply roof membrane on all openings bigger than 5mm and seal with a layer of EcoCoat
- Apply a layer of EcoFuse to tile and asbestos surfaces to prevent the unnecessary absorption of the EcoCoat into the porous surface.
- Apply a layer of EcoCrete to new cement/concrete slabs to prevent the unnecessary absorption of the EcoCoat into the porous surface.
- Then use a brush, roller or airless spray machine to apply the EcoCoat over the entire roof surface.
- The spread rate is 1Litre per 1 square meter on porous surfaces (e.g. cement/concrete slab; asbestor or tile).
- The spread rate is 1Litre per 2 square meters on non-porous surfaces (e.g. IBR; corrugated or chromadek).
- The finished thickness of application should be approximately 0.25 microns on a non-porous surface.
- The finished thickness of application should be approximately 0.5 microns on a porous roof surface.
Technical & Safety Data
EcoCoat is an Adhesion Promoted, UV stable, APEO free liquid rubber (styrene acrylic copolymer emulsion) designed for use in high performance roof coating compounds.
|Colour||Black, brown, charcoal, grey, white, green, terracotta|
|Special mix colours on request|
|Solids content||%||47 ± 1|
|Viscosity at 25°C
Spindle 2 rpm (60)
|cPs||15 – 50|
|pH||7.5 – 8.5|
|Specific gravity at 25 C||1.02|
|Approximate Tensile Strength||mPa||+/- 4|
EcoCoat Liquid Rubber is specifically recommended as a waterproofing compound.
EcoCoat Liquid Rubber has exceptional water resistance after drying yet good water vapour transmission.
EcoCoat Liquid Rubber forms a very flexible film, with excellent adhesion to common building materials.
EcoCoat Liquid Rubber is supplied in 5L; 20L; 200L and 1000L plastic buckets and/or drums.
EcoCoat Liquid Rubber can be stored for between 6-12 months in the packaging in which it is supplied, provided that the containers are kept sealed. Storage in direct sun light must be avoided.
Do not freeze.
The usual precautions against frost should be taken during storage and handling.
FIRE & EXPLOSION DATA:
|Means of extinction||Not explosive. Not auto-flammable. Not flammable.|
|Flash point||>100 ° C|
|Fire fighting instructions||Water, water sprays, foam, dry powder, sand|
|Fire & Expolosion Hazards||The product itself does not burn|
|Hazardous Decomposition Products||None under normal use. Thermal decomposition can lead to release of irritating gases and vapours.|
EMERGENCY & FIRST AID:
|Skin||Wash affected areas with soap and water and rinse thoroughly.|
|Eyes||Flush thoroughly with fresh water for at least 10 minutes.
Seek medical attention.
|Ingestion||DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Seek medical attention|
|In The Event Of A Spill||Dyke and contain, transfer to container for recovery or Disposal. Keep out of sewers and surface water|
|Disposal Methods||Follow national, provincial and local regulations Regarding disposal.|
|Eye Protection||Safety glasses or splash goggles recommended|
|Other Protection||Long sleeves and loose clothing recommended|
|Shipping Info||Not regulated by the Transportation of dangerous goods|
OTHER INFORMATION :
The information provided in this document is offered in good faith and is based on our current knowledge of the product. We do not accept responsibility for damage and claims arising from handling, transport, storage or disposal of the product. The information relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used with any other materials or in any process unless specified in the text. This does not constitute a guarantee or warranty for any specific product feature and shall not establish a legally contractual relationship.